Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Riggs Ride!!!!

So my husband Chad has been looking for an old antique or classic car for some time now. He was really interested in old British cars but the ones we found were either completely restored and very expensive or so junky you could never repair them without having a fortune to spend on it.

Well a few weeks ago he got on the hunt for one again and we came across this beauty! The motor and mechanics are completely redone and it runs like a dream. Yes there is ALOT of cosmetics that need to be done but I think a nice paint job and some new chrome and she will shine right up! This is a 1968 MG MGb Roadster.

Our future plans for it are to paint it British Racing Green (similar to Hunter Green)and some clear coat, redo the interior, replace the fenders(which brand new ones came with the car we just have to have them put on), and get some new chrome and wheels for it. I think she will fix up nicely. Don't get me wrong---this is TOTALLY my husbands car, but I think watching him redo it will be as much fun for me as it is for him. He works so hard to take care of us, he sacrifices things he wants so we can buy the kids things and do things with the kids, so I am SOOO proud he could buy this for himself. He DESERVES it sooooo much!! I will keep you updated on the restoration and upload pics as we do work to it!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment