Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 Drawer Chest Project

I had been looking for Abby a new dresser for several months. She still uses her changing table as a dresser! Someone gave my aunt this 5 drawer chest so I told her I would take it and redo it for Abby. Seemed simple enough! Sand, paint,done...right?? LOL Well, it turned out to be a pretty hefty job. I had to work on it in the garage and the heat index outside was about 105 degrees the day I started this project. I sanded it the first day and was too tired to do anything else, not to mention the wood cracked and fell apart as the sander went over the top.

The next day my husband showed me how to use wood putty and a nail gun! I put the putty on, built the wood back up, let it dry and resanded it...looked pretty good! Then I primed it and let it dry. I painted it the same day and it was so hot outside the first coat dried in about 2 hrs. So I put the second coat on and let it dry overnight.

The next day I put the old drawer pulls back on, I debated buying new ones but the old ones were so vintage and they looked really good so I just put them back on it. I was very pleased with how it turned out and now Abby has lots of extra space for all her clothes!...and yes we are still using the changing table too, just for pajamas and swimsuits! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment