Monday, November 21, 2011

24 Things I Am Thankful For....



I decided to make a list of 24 things I am thankful for since Thanksgiving falls on November 24th this year.

1. My Husband who I have had a crush on since the first time I saw him. He has given me this wonderful life and these beautiful children and the best 14 years I could have ever imagined. He is my best friend and my #1 fan. He takes care of us and makes sure we have everything we need. He makes me smile, laugh out loud, and still gives me butterflies. He knows when I need a hug, a shoulder to cry on, or a hand to hold.

2. My Children who make me laugh and smile everyday. They bring me joy I could have never imagined before I was a mother. They love me unconditionally and their hugs are tight and hearts are so big.

3. My Parents who have always been there for me and I know I can count on them for anything. I am truly blessed to be their daughter. They gave me all they could and sometimes they gave me more than I deserved.

4. My House that keeps me warm and dry in the winter and gives me a place to lay my head at night. My home is my job and I am so proud to have it when so many people don't have homes. I love my house and I always want to make it better than it is and a place my children are comfortable in and feel at home. I think a home is one of the most important things a child can have.

5. My Warm Bed that I get to sleep in every night and a soft place to lay my head.

6. My Friends who are there for me when I need someone to listen to me and I know I can count on them. I don't have very many really close friends but the ones I have are the best friends I could ever imagine and I love them so much.

7. My Husbands Job which affords me to be able to stay home and raise my kids, gives us health insurance, pays our mortgage.

8. Cheeseburgers my favorite food of all time!

9. Hard Times, I know this sounds strange but without them we could not be so thankful for the Good Times!!

10. St. Joseph School which educates my daughter in the best way possible and allows her to learn about religion as well as academics.

11. Sweet Tea--without it I could not make it through an entire day!!

12. Books because without them the world would be a boring place!

13. Television which is a strange thing to be thankful for but I love nothing more than to curl up in bed at night and watch it!

14. My Pets that keep the house alive with mischief and smiles ( and sometimes alot of frustration) but they do keep me company when I need them too and they never ask for anything in return.

15. The Young and The Restless which I started watching when I was 5 years old at my Granny's house. I would get out of Kindergarten at half day and go to her house and watch it while eating Peanut Butter Crackers and drinking a coke! :)Its a memory I will never forget and I still watch the show every day.

16. Snow- I love to go to bed on a cold night and wake up to alot of snow and the silence that comes with it, when you walk outside and you cant hear anything but the still of the world and the sight of winter.

17. Electricity, I cant imagine what it was like years ago when they had no electricity so I am very thankful each day that I have it.

18. Santa Claus who brings the magic of Christmas to the heart of children and adults. Life isn't always easy but the sound of bells and the sight of Santa makes me smile and the magic he brings to children is priceless. Both my kids still believe and I hope when they learn the truth they will still be in love with the idea of the Spirit of Santa!

19. Freedom. I am so thankful to be a citizen of the United States of America and for the freedom that gives me. I am so thankful to live in a country where people can make their own choices in the way they live, the faith they practice, the person they marry, and the way they raise their children.

20. My iPod without it I would be lost when I take a shower, drive in the car, clean my house, or sit at my computer. I love you iPod! :)

21. Dearfoam Slippers that I wear EVERYDAY and cant imagine my life without them.

22. Oreos they give me comfort when I am down and out and I cant help but smile when I see the holiday ones with the red center, the spring ones with the yellow center, and the fall ones with the orange center. Thank you Oreo for your variety and yummy goodness!!!

23. XBOX because you bring such happiness to my husband and make him smile when no one else can..LOL

24. God--because without Him none to the above 23 items would be in my life!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and a safe Black Friday, yes I will be out there among the crazies that day and will be so thankful I am!!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post you've ever written! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete