Sunday, February 27, 2011

Project Fence!

WOW! What a crazy couple of weeks we have had around the Riggs household!! I have been so busy I haven't had time to blog at all. Last Friday we started putting up our privacy fence and boy what a job that turned out to be!! Our back yard was fenced in but we had a HUGE side yard we wanted to add to the back yard so the kids would have a safe big place to play this summer.
Chad and I decided it would be best to rent an auger and not dig the holes by hand. SO, we went on Friday morning and rented it for the weekend. Friday after lunch we started our fence by digging the holes and setting the posts in the ground. It went really quickly and I am so proud of my husband for such a great job. Friday night and Saturday we had some family come and help. By Saturday night the entire yard was fenced in!!!!
Sunday we put up a small picket fence to keep our dogs out of the bigger yard and away from the kids when they play. So now the dogs have their own yard to do with that they want! LOL
I am now in the process of fixing my patio, getting the kids some outside toys, and doing some planting. However, the weather is not cooperating with me at this time so all those things are on hold. Can't wait until Spring gets here and the cold and rain are gone, normally I love winter but with my new yard and new ideas for the outdoors I am actually ready for Spring this year!!! I will post more pics as the outside transforms into a relaxing oasis!! LOL










No comments:

Post a Comment