Friday, February 4, 2011

Treasure Hunting.....

Last week I went to visit my parents. They live on a fairly large farm. My dad has a huge field here he keeps Abby's two little horses. I was talking to my mom about one time when I was smaller I found a huge pile of old bottles down behind their house and my dad said "come with me". So we went down into the horse field and he showed me an area with broken glass and bottles sticking up out of the ground. We started digging and we found a lot of glass bottles. He estimated they have to be at least 37 years old because that's how long my parents have lived on the property. We think its just some junk piles that were made by people who lived there many many years ago, kind of like a homemade landfill. We only dug for awhile. I plan on going back this summer and digging deeper and seeing what I can find!!! How exciting!!!

Here is some of what we found, I only had time to wash a few! We found glass Clorox bottles, Vick's vapor rub, paint thinner, some soda bottles, jars, wine bottles, and medicine bottles.







No comments:

Post a Comment