Monday, October 29, 2012

My Cabinet Redo!

Well, Im at it again! I spent the entire day repainting my 70+ year old Hoosier Cabinet. When I got it a previous owner thought it should be trimmed in a funky green...not my style and it didnt match my kitchen either!

I decided to paint it back all white. I used a Satin finish Bistro White to repaint it. I also felt it needed a "pop" of color so I spent a week going back and forth on what color I should use. I didnt want to trim the entire cabinet like it was before so I opted to paint the back panel and the inside back panel Yellow.

My only issue was apparently the paint that was used before I got it was some really harsh stuff...it wouldnt sand off, I used steel wool and it still wounldnt budge, so I just decided to start painting. It took 4 coats to cover that funky green and brighten the white..the dirt that wouldnt wash off was sooo hard to paint over, it just kept coming to the surface...but I finally got it!!!!

Yes what I thought would be a quick easy spruce up turned into an entire day of painting Hell!!! LOL But I am glad I tackled it today and now it looks so pretty!


BEFORE:






AFTER:



Back panels in yellow...I thought it gave it a good "pop" and kept the vintage look.




When I got it, we found that someone had written a recipe on the inside of the door. After looking it up and talking with my mom we have decided its a recipe for Chocolate Gravy!!! So I DID NOT paint over it. and at the top of the door is a phone number someone had written down. I dont think I will call it but I opted to keep it as well!!! So cute...I guess they didnt have paper and used the cabinet for note taking..hahaha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment