Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Baked Potato Soup

I recently came across a recipe for Baked Potato Soup on Pinterest. The link took me to Cook.com so thats where this recipe came from. It is the BEST potato soup ever!

I'll post the recipe then some things I did a little different and what I plan to do different next time.

Easy Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup

5lbs of potatoes (Diced and Unpeeled)
1 medium onion chopped small
5 teaspoons of minced garlic (I used the king in the jar)(I only used 4tsp..I felt 5 was ALOT of garlic)
64 oz Chicken Broth
16 oz Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt

Optional toppings: Shredded Cheese, Bacon bits, and green onions

Add potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, and season salt into Crock Pot.
Cook on High for 6 hrs or Low for 10 hrs (I cooked mine for 10 hrs)

After 10 hrs Add Cream Cheese and mix well into soup. I used a potato masher to mix it into the soup.

Stir well until all the cream cheese is melted and mixed in, the broth will turn white.


After I put the soup into the bowls to eat I added shredded cheese and bacon bits on top and it was just like eating a loaded baked potato!!! So Yummy!! and SOOO EASY!

Tips:
I started mine at night and let it cook all night.
I left the crock pot on Warm all day and let the soup just sit there until dinner time.

What I will change next time:
I will leave my potatoes larger. I diced them into very small pieces and I think larger chunks would taste better.
I will use a little less chicken broth....64 oz makes it very soupy.
Like I said before, I used 4 tsp of garlic instead of 5. 4 tsp of garlic seemed to be perfect.

I served mine with biscuits but cornbread would be good too. Maybe even some Mexican cornbread!!

I hope you enjoy, I know I will definately be making this again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment