Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent



Today is the first day of Lent.

Lent means the 40 weekdays from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday. During Lent many people do some soul searching and repentance. To me it is a time to reflect and prepare for Easter. Fasting is something as a Catholic we do during Lent on Ash Wednesday and on Fridays during Lent. Fasting is a symbol of sacrifice. We usually fast by giving up meat on those days.

This year I have decided instead of giving up a luxury or food item I am going to read the book Living with Passion. It is divided up for each day of Lent so I am going to read it each day and reflect and pray on what I have read. I will be posting the reminders and requests on my page each day. I am not usually someone who talks about religious issues, holidays, or topics. It is a very private matter to me and I would never push my religious views on anyone. So these next 40 days some postings will just be part of my daily Lenten time.

No comments:

Post a Comment