Saturday, July 10, 2010

Genealogy, Family Trees, and Our Past


Several years ago my husband became interested in his ancestors and where he came from. We never took the time to research it much until recently. We both decided to start tracing our family and see just where we came from. We joined Ancestry.com which is the most amazing website ever! We have spent numerous hours the past few months tracing our family tree and collecting pictures from relatives. We have decided to dedicate our dining room to the history of our family and we are going to put pictures and family heirlooms in there. What better place to honor your family than your family dining room?

One definition of family I saw was perfect for this post.
Family: A group of persons sharing common ancestry.
I love this definition because it truly is the meaning of family when you are trying to trace your roots!!

Don't get me wrong, this has NOT been easy by any means. My husband is having more luck than I am. He has traced his family on one side back to Ireland. I am still in the United States and pretty stuck as of this moment. I just wanted to share with you all what I am doing and will keep you updated on how its going. If I find out I am related to someone famous or royalty you all will be the first to know! HA HA!!!

Below are some photos my aunt gave me of my grandparents:

My Grandfather and Grandmother- Dad's parents

My Grandfather and Grandmother- Mom's Parents

My Grandfather a few years before he passed away

My Grandmother with my dad and his brother and sisters when he was little

No comments:

Post a Comment