Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sewing 101

Abby has been dying to learn to sew. She ALWAYS wants me to get the sewing machine out and teach her, however, I am no seamstress myself. I can sew straight lines, mend a hole or do a small easy project. I CAN NOT sew any kind of clothing! For some reason sleeves and pants are beyond my realm of understanding! LOL

We found a pillowcase project at Wal-mart and Abby wanted to make her brother a pillowcase. The package said Easy and Fun! Finish in One Hour! OK this was not the case at all, the instructions were not correct come to find out, they had been translated from another country and it was not fun trying to figure out what in the world they were SUPPOSED to say. After following them the best we could we ended up having to look on the Internet to figure it out. Watching numerous YouTube videos and looking at a ton of sewing websites I finally figures out how to save the project!

The best thing to come from this project was Abby got to use the sewing machine for the first time and she loved it. I set it up and started her stitches and she finished them, by the end of the project she could start and finish her seams. She loved it! She sewed all the seams but the last border piece which was our trouble piece. She did a FINE job and I was very proud of her! I think Brady will LOVE his pillowcase "sissy" made him!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment