Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring has Sprung.....I think





Today was an awesome day! It didnt start out that way but definately ended on a great note. Abby got up this morning and couldnt talk and she felt pretty bad, so we decided to let her stay home and rest. We ended up sleeping late (930a and thats SUPER late for us!). Then we met my mom in Oak Ridge for lunch. On our way home I mentioned what a pretty day it was and that Abby should ride her bike. She said no way it didnt have training wheels anymore (we took them off last summer as motivation and the bike just sat there, she was scared to ride it). So when we got home I just went and got the bike and said here get on it, she looked at me and said "you promise not to let me go until Im ready?" I said yes, she got on it and took off!!!! I didnt even get a chance to hold her or guide her!! She rode it for about 2 hours this afternoon. Needless to say she is sore and proud!!! I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful spring and summer!!

Words a mother will never forget: "Mommy I can feel the wind!" Thats what Abby said as she rode past me on her bike, smiling ear to ear! I almost cried!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment