Sunday, March 21, 2010

Women Today Expo 2010








Well, I survived another year at the Women Today Expo in downtown Knoxville. I first experienced this event while working at JCPenney and they sent me there to work one year. OMG! I fell in love instantly, its such a fun experience. I love it and I have went every year since 1999!

We took Abby with us so she could meet Jennifer Stone. Jennifer plays "Harper Finkle" on Wizards of Waverly Place and is starring in the up coming movie Harriett the Spy. She hosted the Girl Power Fashion show at the Expo this year then did a meet and greet. Abby was so excited! She stood patiently in line for over an hour to get her autograph and it was WELL worth it!

I discovered the new trendy crochet hats with flower hair bows you can attach to them. I had seen them around but Abby didnt seem interested until today. She tried on on and fell in love with it. The booth for Clover Cottage in Fountain City was selling the hats for $2.99 and the hair bows were also $2.99. We ended up with 2 hats and 2 flower hair bows. After looking at the hairbows I KNOW I can make them so I told Abby we would let me try to make them and then all we would have to do is buy the hat!! SOOOO at Walmart I found a bag of flowers on clearance for $1.00 (Looked like where they had fallen off flowers and they put them all in a huge bag for a buck, not tooo bad for my test run)!!!! We will see how I do!





I also discovered International Flair in Turkey Creek! Oh my, what totally cute stuff they have. They sell the following plus more:
Kameleon Jewlery: Interchangeable fashion accessory system where you can interchange the JewelPops between necklaces, earrings, rings, sunglasses, pins, braclets,just about anything you can think of! So cute, will definatley be checking it out more soon.
Pandora Jewlery
and they are hoping to be getting Brighton soon.
I also got a really cool necklace for $8.00. But Im not sure what you call the style of this necklace but they had tons of choices and colors and I loved it!!



Thats what I love about the expo, they sell stuff way under what you would pay if you went to their stores! Great place to find cute stuff and cute ideas.

Overall it was wonderful as usual and I am so glad I can go every year and just enjoy all the shows, events, booths, and freebies!


No comments:

Post a Comment